24 Hour Alcohol and Drug Support Lines
Alcohol and Drug Support Line
The Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use. The service is available 24/7 via phone.
Parent and Family Drug Support Line
The Parent and Family Drug Support Line is a confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for families and carers concerned about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use. Professional counsellors are available via phone 24/7.
In addition to professional counsellors, the Parent and Family Drug Support Line has a network of trained parent volunteers who have experienced their own child’s alcohol or drug use. Parent volunteers area available via phone between 8:00am and 10:00pm each day.
Have you experienced your own child’s drug or alcohol use problems? Do you want to share your experience with other parents to help them get through the hard times? Talk to someone at PDIS about how you can become a parent volunteer by calling 94425050
It's important that you find the right service for you and keep looking if you haven't found it yet. If you are ever in doubt seek advice from a health professional such as a GP.
For more information see My Services online directory here
Do I need help
It's not always easy to recognise that you need help with your alcohol use. The questions below may act as a guide. However, even if you're not sure, the Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a free, confidential, non-judgmental service that provides access to someone to talk to about what you are experiencing. The Alcohol and Drug Support Line can be contacted 24hrs a day, seven days a week on (08) 9442 5050 or 1800 198 024 (free call for country callers).
- Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your alcohol use?
- Do you ever consume alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?
- Are you concerned about your alcohol use?
- Do you ever consume alcohol to overcome the effect of other drugs or alcohol taken earlier?
- Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your alcohol use?
- Have you ever felt regret after consuming alcohol?
- Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving you drinking?
- Does your alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of you life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?
- Have you ever run out of money for things you need (e.g. food, bills, going out) because you've spent your money on alcohol?
- Do you ever drive your car when you think you might be over the limit?
- Do you ever get into fights or arguments with family, friends and/or strangers when you have been drinking?
- Would you like to change the way you consume alcohol?
Page last updated: 17 June 2020