Get help

If you need information or support, help is available. 

In an emergency, call 000 or visit your local emergency department.

Support lines for alcohol, other drugs and/or mental health

The Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a Western Australia confidential, non-judgemental telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use. 

The phone service is available 24/7 by calling (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (toll-free for country callers).

Western Australian residents can talk to a qualified counsellor online, confidentially and for free by using Live Chat.  The service is available:

  • Monday to Friday, 7.30am - 9pm
  • Saturday, 9am - 7pm
  • Sunday 11am - 6pm

The Parent and Family Drug Support Line is a Western Australia confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for families and carers concerned about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use.

Professional counsellors are available via phone 24/7 by calling  (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 653 203 (toll-free for country callers).

In addition to professional counsellors, the Parent and Family Drug Support Line has a network of trained parent peer volunteers who have experienced their own child’s alcohol or drug use. Parent peer volunteers are available via phone between 8:00am and 10:00pm each day.

Here For You is a Western Australia confidential, non-judgemental, telephone service for anyone concerned about their own or another person's mental health and/or alcohol, other drug use.

Here For You counsellors and peer practitioners can:

  1. Listen to what is going on for you and/or the person you care about;
  2. provide emotional support;
  3. provide information about alcohol and other drug use, mental health and wellbeing;
  4. explore coping and relapse prevention strategies; and
  5. discuss options and offer information about local services.

Call Here For You on 1800 here4u (1800 437 348) from 7am to 10pm everyday.

Ever wondered what happens when you call a helpline?

Have you been worried that your problems might not be big enough to ask someone qualified to help? Or maybe you’ve just wondered if a helpline really can help? 

You are not alone. It’s not uncommon to be unsure about how helplines work or understand what the people on the other end of the phone are able to assist you with.

Helpline workers are caring people who understand what you’re going through. They are trained to support you. Find tips and FAQs here

Find a local service near you

There are many mental health, alcohol and other drug services across Western Australia, and it is important to find the right service for you. 

Use the My Services online directory to find mental health, alcohol and other drug support services near you. 

Community Alcohol and Drug Support Services

Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) provide local support for individuals, families and communities to prevent and reduce alcohol and other drug use. These services are free and confidential.

Find a list of metropolitan and regional CADS.